Nepal for MBBS/MS/MD Admission?
MBBS/MS/MD in Nepal is the best option for an Indian student who
has not been able to get
admission in India because of :
- NEET Non-Eligibility
- not getting merit seats and not able to afford Management Quota Seats/Donation Seats
Why Prefer Nepal?
- Studying MBBS/MS/MD in Nepal is an excellent opportunity for the Indian students.
- Climate, Food habits, culture and lifestyle is matched to a great deal with that of India.
- Won't feel that you are in other country.
- Nepal is India's very friendly neighboring county .
- Nepal happens to be a friendly and peaceful democratic nation . Nepal Maintains very friendly relationship with India
- Nepal is very popular tourist destination on world map. The birthplace of Lord Buddha is considered to be one of the famous pilgrimage spots in the world.
- The capital of the country is Kathmandu. It is known for its multi-ethnicity and multi-cultural background.
- The landmass of the country can be divided into three parts, the mountains , hills and plain area.
- Nepali is the National language of Nepal, which is very similar to Hindi. Most of the people can understand and speak in Hindi. In cities English is also common language.
- You won't face any language problem in Nepal. Even you will learn Nepali within one month of stay.
- Climate in Nepal is more or less Similar to India.
- Nepal has five climatic zones, broadly corresponding to the altitudes. The tropical and subtropical zones lie below 1,200 metres, the temperate zone 1,200 to 2,400 metres, the cold zone 2,400 to 3,600 metres, the subarctic zone 3,600 to 4,400 metres, and the Arctic zone above 4,400 metres.
- Most of the Medical Colleges are located in tropical and subtropical zones which is plane area bordering with India with similar climate conditions.
- Nepal experiences five seasons: summer, monsoon, autumn, winter and spring.
Easy to Travel:
- Indians do not need a visa or a passport to travel to Nepal.
- Communications with Nepal is very easy by Air / Road (Rail up to India-Nepal Border).
- Travelling is very cost effective.
- Parents from India can visit to medical colleges in Nepal to meet their ward without any hassle as if you are travelling within India.
- There are many India-Nepal border points connected with most of the major cities in India with Railway Lines.
- Some important border points are: Nepalgunj, Sunauli , Jogbani, Birgung, Kakadbhitta.
- From any border point you will get direct Bus Services to any place in Nepal.
- Indian Currency is also acceptable all over Nepal. Even money exchange is not required.
- Tribhuwan International Airport at Kathmandu is well connected by direct flight from Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Varanasi and Bangalore.
- There are around Fifty well interconnected Domestic airport in Nepal. It makes very easy to travel within Nepal very economically.
Tuition Fee, Cost of Living & Other Expenditure:
- Food habits of Nepal is very similar to that of North India.
- South Indian food is also available easily.
- For food and lodging it will cost INR 5000/- per month
(Living expenditure in Russia / China is very costly)
- Transportation Cost is very less.
- Cost of Living is very nominal compare to China, Russia, Phillipines, Ukraine etc.
- No Hidden Cost as in other countries.
- Fee for MBBS in Private Medical Colleges in Nepal varies from 35 Lac to 45 Lac ( Total Package ).
- For payment of tuition fee both Installment and Onetime fee payment options are available.
- There are few highly subsidized seats in Government College
- Nepal is much cheaper than Donation seats in India and on par with the management quota seats in Indian private colleges.
- Total cost of Education is less than many Private Colleges in India.
- If you do not get into India on a merit seat then you have to pay a 'donation' - which is in effect a bribe to the owner of the College for the seat.
- In Nepal you need to pay only Tuition Fee, no Donation
- Compared to a donation seat in India - Nepal is a cost effective option for those who do not have lacs to pay donation amount initially for admission in India.
Indian Students in Nepal:
- Many Indian students are already studying MBBS/MS/MD in nepal.
- Since a long time students from all over India are studying Medicine in Nepal.
- MBBS/MS/MD in Nepal is an excellent opportunity for the Indian students.
- MBBS in Nepal is the largest destination for medicine abroad for the Indian students .
- Some of the medical colleges are owned by Indian.
- The Governments College in Nepal is Established in partnership with India Government.
Standard of Education:
- The duration of the course for pursuing medical in Nepal is same as in India.
- In Nepal, duration of MBBS in Nepal is of five and half years.
- First four and half years are dedicated to theoretical study of basics of medical sciences, and clinical study.
- In the last one year students have to go through internship programs.
- Nepal MBBS is completely based on the MCI syllabus and the infrastructure of the colleges also meets the requirements of the Medical Council of India.
- Medical studies in Nepal is similar to Indian syllabus and strictly follow MCI syllabus.
- Most Indian books and international books are used as in India.
- Each teaching hospital in Nepal has a minimum 350 bed hospital which is the same norm as in India.
- Quality of medical education in Nepal is better than most of the Private Colleges in India.
- There is an annual University examination system same as in India.
- Best faculty and lots of Indian faculty are teaching in medical colleges
- BP Koirala Medical College in Dharan is established by grant from Govt. of India which runs on similar pattern of AIIMS New Delhi.
- As a student you assist with patients. After you qualify, as a Doctor you can practice. This norm in followed both in India & in Nepal.
- Private Colleges in India are run by polticians who are always hungry for money and do not pay attention to quality.
- Just like medical council of India and in line with India, there is Nepal Medical Council that monitors the medical colleges in Nepal.
- All medical colleges in Nepal are approved by Medical Council of India. Indian students after finishing their MBBS in Nepal, have to sit for the MCI Screening Test.
- Many college options to choose from 21 medical colleges.
Recognition in India:
- MBBS Degree in Nepal is recognized by MCI after a screening Test.
- MCI has proposed NEXT (National Exit Test). Once it is implemented, All foreign Medical Graduates as well as Indian Medical Graduates will have to clear this test to practice in India.
- There are many Doctors in India who have come back from Nepal and are practicing here in Private Sector as well as in Government Sector.
- After passing the MCI Screening Test, the MBBS degree from Nepal of the Indian students becomes at par with the MBBS done in India.
- With this the MBBS graduate can apply for registration to practice in India or go for PG medical courses in India.
- There are few MS/MD seats in Nepal which is directly Recognised by MCI.
- These MS/MD degree from Nepal of the Indian students becomes at par with the MS/MD done in India.